Each film coated tablet of Senagyl 500 contains:
Senagyl is indicated for the treatment of:
- Intestinal amebiasis.
- Hepatic amebiasis.
- Urogenital trichomoniasis in both males and females.
- Anaerobic septicaemias.
- Non- specific vaginitis.
Dosage and Administration:
- Senagyl is recommended to be taken at the beginning of meal.
- Intestinal amebiasis:
- Acute symptomatic amebiasis (histolytic form):
Adults: 2 g as a single dose.
Children: 30 mg/kg/day as a single dose.
The dose is to be taken for only one day.
- A symptomatic amebiasis minute and cystic form:
The above dose daily for 3 days .
- Hepatic amebiasis:
Adults: 1.5g per day as single or divided doses for 5 days.
Children: 30 mg/kg/day as a single or divided doses for 5 days.
During the severe stage of hepatic amebiasis, any pus or abscess should be drained in conjunction with Senagyl treatment.
- Trichomoniasis , Giardiasis and bacterial vaginosis:
Adults: 2g as a single dose.
Children: 30-40 mg/kg/day as a single dose. Note: Dose can be repeated another time if necessary.