Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start using this medicine.
– Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
– If you have any further questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
– This medicine has been prescribed for you. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
– If you get side effects and they become serious or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Vermizal tablets are and what they are used for.
2. What you need to know Before you take Vermizal tablets.
3. How to use Vermizal tablets.
4. Possible side effects.
5. How to store Vermizal tablet.
6. Further information.
1. What Vermizal tablets are and what they are used for
Vermizal tablets contain a medicine called mebendazole. It is one of
a group of medicines called ‘anthelmintics’. Vermizal tablets are used to
treat worm infections of the gut such as:
– Threadworms (pinworms).
– Other common worm infections (such as whipworm, roundworm,
Generic Name: Esomeprazole